Rockland Rowing is dedicated to improving people’s lives through the sport of rowing. We offer a welcoming and supportive community that provides rowing opportunities to all - regardless of an individual’s experience, abilities or background. Our motto – “Pull with Purpose” – reflects our commitment to make a difference in everything we do and to pursue excellence at all levels of the sport.
- To provide rowing programs offered to the broadest range of area residents, ranging from learn-to-row for beginners to competitive training and racing for elite athletes.
- To serve both youth and adults, including those who are physically or mentally disabled.
- To act as a resource to local rowing programs – providing support ranging from training of coaches to rental of needed rowing and/or safety equipment. Ultimately we would like to provide a regional boathouse that would elevate the visibility of rowing as a sport in our region and would provide a much needed home to many local rowing clubs and programs.
- To partner with other local organizations that can assist us in fulfilling our mission.
- To operate in an ecologically friendly manner – particularly supporting the stewardship of water resources in our region.