A personalized private lesson is a great way to develop your skill. Our certified rowing instructors will give you one-on-one lessons tailored to your individual goals and needs, whether you are a beginner or looking to refine your skill. Private instruction is for you if you are looking to:
- Learn to row but can’t make a class or would rather an individual setting (five private lessons satisfies requirements to join a team-based program).
- Gain confidence in a single scull
- Receive individualized coaching
- Switch up your usual rowing routing
- Improve your technique, fitness and results
Semi-Private & Group Instruction
Do you like the benefits of group rowing but want the individualized attention of private instruction. Semi-private and group lessons give you the best of both worlds. By rowing together in a double (semi-private) or a quad (group), your coach will be able to focus on the dynamics of your boat as you work to not only improve your own technique but combine as a team to create an effective,dynamic stroke and boat speed. Group instruction is also great for:
- Sharing the sport of rowing with a friend
- Creating your own rowing group & time
- Dropping in for a weekend when visiting in the area
- Experiencing the waterway and meeting the staff before committing to a program
Scheduling: Each lesson is 75-minutes and is scheduled at your convenience. You may start whenever safe water conditions allow, normally between April and November. Lessons must be completed within the same calendar year of the date of purchase. For more information and to be put in contact with a coach to book a lesson please contact our Rowing Director, Melissa Boyd at email@example.com.
Fees: We offer single, double and quad private lessons. Lessons may be purchased individually or in packages. Full payment is required when you place your reservation.
1 person $95
2 people $150 ($75 per person)
4 people $220 ($55 per person)
Package of five lessons:
1 person $380
2 people $600 ($300 per person)
4 people $880 ($220 per person)
Payment: We accept exact cash and check. Checks are payable to Rockland Rowing and can be mailed to PO Box 7, Nyack, NY 10960.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your reservation within 48 hours of the day of your lesson, you will forfeit the entire payment. If you cancel 2-5 days prior, you will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee or a full credit for another lesson; cancelling 6+ days prior, a full refund.
What to Bring
- Water Bottle - It is important to stay hydrated.
- Fitted Clothing - Loose or baggy shorts will become caught in the equipment.
- Extra Clothing - In the event of rain, rain jacket.
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Sneakers & Socks
Experienced rowers are welcome to one guest row (= one pass) to be redeemed when a safety launch is on the water. Additional guest passes can be purchased.
Each guest row must be scheduled in advance with Melissa Boyd. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests must complete a USRowing Waiver in advance along with payment if applicable.
Fee for 2018 Season:
Single Pass: $20 (1 row)
Facility access/per row: $20.00
Package: $60 (4 rows)
Facility access/per row: $15.00
No refunds for unused guest passes. Passes must be used in the calendar year of purchase date.