General Regatta Info
Arrival Budget more time than you need to find parking and locate the trailer. Arrival time is posted on lineups sheet.
Dismissal Rowers will be dismissed directly by their coach following the team's last race of the day and once equipment has been properly stowed away. Anticipated dismissal time is posted on lineups sheet.
Inclement Weather In the best interest of fair and safe racing the local organizing committee will decide at what point to defer to adverse weather plans. Schedule changes are made using the following priority system: delay racing to later in the day, begin racing earlier in the day, use a time-trial system in place of heats, omit a round of an event, cancel events and cancel regatta. Rowers will be notified by their coach if there are schedule changes. Spectators can typically find announcements on the regatta's website or social media pages.
Line-ups Will be posted the Wednesday before the regatta contingent upon the regatta director.
Racing Details and Rules - Rowers are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the unique procedures and rules of racing for each regatta to ensure their safety and fair play. Rowing is unique in that coaches cannot be on the sidelines to provide assistance during competition. We launch them and the rest is up to them!
Spares or alternate rowers are expected to attend the regatta and help on race day.
Spectators are not permitted at the RRA boat trailer or in the boat trailer yard. The team will have a hospitality tent set up along the shore as a place for RRA spectators to gather and cheer on the team and as a place for our rowers to hydrate and refuel.
Team Dinner Youth team captains will work together to plan for those racing to have dinner together the night before a regatta. Those not racing are always welcome to attend.
Uniform Rowers will represent the RRA at regattas by proudly wearing team gear and layer as appropriate for inclement weather. Rowers must bring a full set of spare clothes to change into after their race. See below for approved layers to be worn in addition to the required RRA unisuit:
On the water:
- RRA white unisex long/short sleeve tech shirt to be worn under the unisuit (or solid white long/short sleeve tech shirt)
- RRA black unisex tight/ to be worn over the unisuit (or solid black tights or black rain pants) for cold water racing
- RRA unisex splash jacket (or solid black rain jacket or black fleece)
- RRA vest
- RRA hat or visor (or solid white, gray or black or red hat)
On land, same as above plus:
- RRA grey sweatshirt or RRA grey patagonia (or solid grey sweatshirt or fleece)
- RRA grey or white t-shirts or RRA white tank (or solid grey, black or white t-shirt/tank)
- RRA black long sleeve tech shirt
- RRA black sweatpants (or blue jeans/chinos/neutral shorts)